Friday, July 31, 2009

Midwest Tour

The kids and I decided to take advantage of our summer by spending the week visiting family and friends around the midwest. THough traveling with kids is never easy I was truly impressed with what a great job Jack and Alex did. THey were troopers and I think they have their mom's love of keeping busy, busy, busy! We started our trip by going to Bloomington to visit our friends. We miss them SOOOOO much and it was wonderful to visit and play at the splash park. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to hang out with us, we miss you already and are looking forward to our next visit:) Here's Jack splashing around with Emma and Emily.

Alex and Kate resting after playing at the splash park. It hard to have so much fun
After the park we got brave and went out for lunch. 6 moms and 9 kids, whoa! But it went great:)
After seeing our friends in Bloomington we drove to Crystal Lake to visit my friend Beth and her two little ones, Kelan and Tricia. Jack and Alex had so much fun exploring thier "playland". Kelan and Jack both share a love of trains and had fun playing together, and I got my baby fix by holding little Tricia (2 months). I think that should satisfy me for a while!
Next we drove up to New Berlin WI to visit my friend Nichole and her two little girls, Payton and Allie. They just moved into a beautiful old farm house on a great piece of land. We had so much fun hanging out in the playroom, running around outside, and playing lots of hide-and-go-seek! They definitely tired us out and we were excited to put them to bed and hang out like old times.
Payton and Jack playing playdoh. They loved making Nichole and I cakes and cookies. They did a great job playing together, minus the occasional troubles with sharing. It's so fun to see them beginning to play together instead of just in the same room, at times they were actually conversing and working together! Yeah! Thanks so much to the Kutmas family for letting us visit:)
We ended our trip back at my parents house in Cary. We visited with my grandma who was in from Florida and lots of other family and friends. Dad even spoiled me by opening bottles of White Hall and Overture! Delicious!! Jack got spoiled when we visited a park in town that was huge. It was seriously like a castle and he and Alex had fun climbing all over and playing in the sandbox. When I asked him his favorite part of the trip this park was exactly what he said (NOT to my surprise)!
Can you find Jack? It's hard to see him in this giant playground. What a great week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment