Sunday, August 30, 2009

A fun weekend with Grandma and Papa

This weekend Grandma and Papa (Jeremy's parents) came to visit. They spent the evening with the kids on Friday while Jeremy and I enjoyed a night out at a dinner party. Then in the morning they took the kids over to Cowden for the Pioneer Days parade while Jeremy worked and I spent some time at school. I love my new job, the kids are great, but it's a bit like being a new teacher because everything I teach is so new to me!

It was the first time Jack and Alex have been to a parade and Jack was so confused when they started throwing candy at him, no worries though, he quickly caught on! Alex loved seeing the little horses and the marching band. Here she is with Papa on the way to the fair later in the afternoon.

During Pioneer Days we were able to see what life was like long ago. Jack and Alex saw yarn being spun, played in the school house and explored a family home.



Jack was exploring a tepee, when he went in he wanted to know why the bed was all dirty, of course he asked this as he was standing on it!
Great pic, would have been even better if Jack had looked at the camera!! We are in line waiting to go down the giant slide.
So much fun! I loved riding the slide and so did Jack, Alex on the other hand screamed and flung her arms around all the way down:)
Getting ready to ride the Dragon.
The Dragon was Jack's favorite ride (much to my dismay). Even though at the last fair he could ride it alone, this time (actually 3 times) I had to go with him, and this ride was not made for adults! My legs were all scrunched up and I now have bruises on my back from all the jostling, I guess I'm getting old:)
Alex loved riding these little horses. I think she went on this ride about 4 times!

No comments:

Post a Comment